Since the 1960’s, the manicured grass, majestic trees and welcoming facilities of the Escondido Country Club have provided beauty and value to create one of the most treasured neighborhoods in Escondido.
A Beverly Hills developer who wants to build a massive housing development on the property changed all that in a matter of months.
- The housing development would overload our roads with 5,000 additional daily trips, according to the City of Escondido.
- The 430 homes would use 173,600 more gallons of water than the golf course did, according to the City. The development also bypasses state environmental laws, and reduces open space from 110 acres to 27.
- It would add hundreds of new students to already overcrowded schools in Escondido and San Marcos
- It would drive up taxpayer costs for maintenance and operations in Escondido, eliminating all property tax gains, according to the City
- It’s being proposed by a ruthless Beverly Hills developer who has destroyed our neighborhood and dumped chicken manure behind our homes
Please join us in voting against the development this November.
Lastly, please email ECCHO.Info@Gmail.com if you would like to volunteer on the Keep It Green campaign, or if you would like a yard sign.